Thursday, August 28, 2008

My Bio

What's your name?
Adam Clay Templeton

Where are you from?
Dickinson, North Dakota

What year are you in school?
Senior

What is your career goal?
A writing job that lets me go in depth with my stories, such as magazine writing, instead of producing blunt daily articles that barely scratch a topic's surface. I also have aspirations to at least finish a novel. Getting it published is an entirely different beast to tackle.

What do you like to read?
Like I said in class, I read comics. A lot. That's not to say I don't read actual books, either. My favorite novelists at the moment are Neil Gaiman and Christopher Moore. I'll pretty much read anything, so long as it has quirky characters and dash of the supernatural in it. As far as comics go, my favorite series right now are Garth Ennis' "The Boys" and Robert Kirkman's "The Walking Dead." Schlocky, I know. But I likes what I likes.

Where do you get your news?
I get my local news from the Daily Nebraskan and the Lincoln Journal Star. For world news, I use CNN.com and Wired.com

Do you have any journalism experience?
I've written for the DN since March of 07. Currently, I work as the Features editor. I've also contributed a few articles to Lincoln's "L Magazine." I interned for DTN this summer, where I covered agricuture and enviromental issues such as climate change. And I've been a contributing writer to the DailyER Nebraskan since its inception.

Do you have a blog?
My friends and I started one called Entheogen, but interest in it quickly fizzled out.

What are you passionate about?
I'm passionate about telling stories. I'd much rather tell a tale than write an article, if you know what I mean. And, on the nerdy side, I'm far too passionate about video games. I think there's potential in the medium for storytelling, but it gets pushed by the wayside by people who assume video games are all about blowing stuff up and killing people. (If you think "Halo" is the greatest game ever created, please... don't talk to me.)

Is there anything else you'd like us to know about you?
I have the organizational skills of a paranoid-schizophrenic lab rat.

No comments: